Useful Korean phrases for Muslim

22:19:00 Unknown 0 Comments

The other day my muslim friend asked me for some useful phrases that he can use when he is in Korea, and so I complied a list for him using the minimal Korean I know + Google. After which, it struck me that there may be other muslim who may have the same encounter as my friend, so I decided to post the list that I've complied for him for everyone.

Do you speak English?
영어를 할수 있어요? (yong-or-rul hal-su issoyo?)

How far / How many? / How much?
얼마예요? (or-ma ye-yo?)

Where is the toilet?
화장실이 어디에 있어요? (hwajangshil or-di-eh issoyo?)

Please help me call a taxi
시를 불러주세요. (Taeksi bulleo juseyo)

Please take me to _______.
_______(으)로 주세요. (___euro ga-juseyo)

Please stop here
여기서 내려 주세요 (Yeogiseo naeryeo jusaeyo)

What is this place called?
여기가 어디입나까? (yeogiga ordi-im-nikka?)

I will have coffee
Coffee주세요 (“Coffee” juseyo)

It’s too expensive
너무 비싸요 (No-mu pi-sa-yo)

May I see the menu?
메뉴 주세요? (Menyu jom boyeo juseyo)

Could you please take this away?
이걸 치워주시겠어요? (I-geol chiwojusigesseoyo?)

Is there _______ (refer to the vocab below) in this?
이것은 ______ 놓고있어요? (yi-geot-seun _______ not-go-i-sseo-yo?)



Left / Right

왼쪽 / 오른쪽
when-jjok / orun-jjok
Subway Station

지하철
jihacheol yeok
Far / Near

/ 가까운

Airport

공항
gong-hang
Toilet

화장실
hwa jang shil
Exit

출구
Chulgu
Rice

bap
Chicken

닭고기 / 치킨
Dalk-gogi / chi-gen
Water

murl
Pork
돼지 고기
Due-ji gogi
Alcohol
surl
Beef
소고기
so-go-gi



Numbers
1
Il / hana
6
Yuk / yeo-seot
2
Ee / dul
7
Chil / il-gop
3
Sam / set
8
Pal / yeodeol
4
Sa / net
9
Gu / ah-hop
5
O / da-seot
10
Sip / yeol
11
Si-bil / yeol-hana
20
ee-sip
100
Baek
1,000
Cheon
10,000
Ma-an
100,000
Sim-ma-an




Well, these are just some that I've complied. I will add in more as the day goes! Hope it helps! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments: