Solo dining in Seoul: Ichimen 이찌멘

22:23:00 Unknown 0 Comments

Eating alone can be a hassle sometimes, especially when you're alone in Seoul. That's why on my first trip to Seoul, which happened to be a solo-trip, I did not eat a lot; even if I do, it's pretty much on the go.

Luckily for us, some restaurants have heard our woe and Ichimen is one of them.



Located just round Sinchon Station, Ichimen is THE restaurant to go to if you are hungry but do not want to see couples and groups hanging around. In Ichimen, isolated seats are available for solo diner.

After entering the restaurant, you will be greeted with a machine instead of a restaurant staff.

Sadly, there's no English menu, so this is the translation using my really bad Korean.


Step 1: Select your choice of food or drinks by tapping on the selection.

Step 2: Payment. Select "현금" for cash or "카드" for card.

Step 3: Insert cash / card into the machine.

Step 4: Retrieve your receipt.

Step 5: Refer to the seating chart for empty seats available. Note that Row B and C are Couple seats.

Step 6: Sit down and fill in the "taste selection" card. A staff will collect the card.

Step 7: Wait for your food to be served. Pour yourself a cup of plain water from the tap if you want.


Single diner seating
My receipt and "Taste selection" card
Ichimen Set
I ordered Ichimen Set. It's seafood Ramen to be exact. I pretty much enjoyed my meal, even though I had Big Breakfast at McDonald just 2 hours ago. Yes, I finished the noodles and sushi. The noodles tasted a little charred but that's what gives it a unique flavour. Oh! The noodles was covered with lots and LOTS of beansprouts. Every scoop of noodles comes with at least 3 beansprouts. Not that I'm complaining cause I am a huge fan of beansprouts! Kimchi and Sushi was so-so though.

--------------------------------------------------
Direction
Ichimen - Sinchon
Operating hours: 1100 - 2400

Exit from Sinchon Station, Exit 1. Walk Straight (you'll walk past Hyundai Department Store) and turn right immediately after crossing the road. Ichimen is on the right.

Ichimen - Hongdae

Apparently, while doing my reseach online, I found another outlet at Hongdae. Not sure if this outlet is physically there though.

Operating hours: 1100 - 2330 (weekdays and Saturday) 1100 - 2130 (Sunday)

Exit from Hongdae Station, Exit 9. Various routes to go from Exit 9. Click image for map.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: