Haircut in Seoul - Juno Hair (Hongdae)

22:40:00 Unknown 21 Comments

My hair has always been an important part of me since young, spending hundreds on hair treatment and hair cut every month is a norm. Sadly, due to the departure of my previous hairstylist, I've got a change of hairstylist, whom I'm pretty dissatisfied yet I still have like 12 times of package with him. So seeing all the pretty hair styles on Korean stars, I'm determined that one of my itinerary is to get my hair done!

For other salon reviews:
beauté de marshall (Ewha)

After some research, I decided to go with Juno Hair, though it is more expensive than the other salons (think Jean Yip in Singapore).

Juno Hair is an established hair salon with multiple stores around Seoul. It has like 4 stores in Myeongdong, 3 in Edae, 2 in Hondae and I think 2 in Gangnam. Of course, there's more in other parts of Seoul. For me, I chose the one at Hongdae cause it's the most convenient for my itinerary.


The store is located just in front of the traffic light within Hongdae. Take the lift, located beside the shoes shop, (can't remember the name) up to the 3rd floor and the entrance is on the right.



I was planning on a simple hair cut but I ended up getting a hair cut, perm and was given a hair treatment for free. I can't remember the actual price but it's around 300,000 won, which is cheaper than in Singapore for a Director cut!

Don't worry about making appointment. I went twice, both walk-in, and I was served within 10 minutes!

If you're unsure what kinda hairstyle you want, don't worry! They have this booklet filled with different haircuts; you will be able to find the one that suits you the best! Just pointit to your hairdresser; this way it will reduce lots of communication barrier!
From what I heard from one of my hairdresser, Koreans normally have a particular hairstyle in mind when they visit the salon, unlike Singaporean who just want a Korean haircut.

Drinks and snacks were served constantly throughout
Unlike Jean Yip, which only has water and tea, Juno has a bar that serves various drinks to its customers. There's like Lemonade (the one I had), coffee, chocolate, etc. and it comes with small snacks!

A little preview before the final product
My hair stylist, 수미 Su Mi, and her assistance
The hair stylist understands and speaks basic English. Thus, we were able to communicate well with a combination of basic English and Korean.

Love how they have the protective layer so as not to smear my makeup

 Before and after my visit.

For someone who has to constantly tie up her hair, I was amazed that the perm lasted me for around 4 months, with a little wave lingering until I cut away the last remaining bits away. I love how they cut my fringe! I would definitely be back again! The only down side was the whole process took me almost 4 hours (my butt!!!!)!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

I went for another session on September 2016. This time I went for perming and coloring. This time it was a torturous 6.5hrs wait. Definitely a torture for someone who cannot sit still.

Color: 300,000 won
Perm: 189,000 won
Treatment: 100,00 won

I got a 15% discount from the previous visit, so I paid a total of 515,000 won. (Discount is not applicable for treatment). This time my hair dresser is Ju Hee.

This is the hair that I requested for. The one with the perm.


and so.. it's waiting....


and waiting....


and waiting....


and waiting..


and waiting...


and finally....

Final product!!

before picture!

I requested a change of color from ash grey to ash blue. However, as you can see from the final product that the perm is not as obvious as the one that I requested, nor is the color correct.

The color got a little more obvious after the first wash. However, I requested for ash BLUE not ash GREEN. Luckily, I was given a 'Two Weeks After Coupon'. which allows me to go back after 2 weeks to re-color my hair as I feedbacked that it looks green rather than blue.

Another thing I noticed after wash is that the perm sort of "die down" and it isn't as wavy as before, or perhaps it was just the effect of the setting done by the hair dresser.

I think I'm gonna feedback on the lack of "wave" on my hair too. Oh well.. till then! :)

*UPDATE*

So this is the color of my hair after 2 weeks. No ash, no blue, just pure blond and no wave!

My hairdresser was saying that the highlighting of my hair is causing the perm to be not obvious. She said if I want to have the color that I want, I would have to highlight my hair again. She then proceed to try out different color (Red, blue and purple) on a fraction of my hair. In the end I chose purple. 
The funny thing is the wave in my hair actually showed after they washed my hair! She said maybe my hair was too dry. :( Either way, I was given another treatment and she started to dye my hair.

And so it's another 3 hours...

and the final product........

Tada!

I was expecting to pay for the treatment but nope, I wasn't. I was given slight trimming to my hair and fringe too.
Guess Juno has just welcome another satisfied customer. But sadly, my perm doesn't last after my first wash even though I tried to mimic the way that they blow dry my hair. :(


TIPS!!

1. On your first wash, use a towel which you wanna throw, cause my towel got purple dye on it. :(
2. I wouldn't recommend dying and perming your hair at one go. As I have heard from other hair dresser, doing so will actually cancel off the perm effect. So perm first and dye your hair perhaps 2 weeks later?

You Might Also Like

21 comments:

  1. Great blog post! I was actually thinking of doing the same thing like that well. Magic straight and bleached colour. I ddnt know they will let both treatment in one go! Thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.
    perm mississauga

    Best Hair Salon Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. hair stylist near me

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work wilshire wigs

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Wilshire Wigs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post raquel welch wigs

    ReplyDelete
  7. The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right. wig of human hair

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    Salonsuche

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying BLACKWOOD for the last three weeks for my hair and it's giving me extraordinary results You guys must give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its exceptionally pleasant educational post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. 匿名聊天

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. 相親

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. pedicure spas

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. used garden supplies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. good hair salon in hougang

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! หวยยี่กี

    ReplyDelete
  16. hair salon raleigh nc Pinup Studio is a hair salon located in the heart of Raleigh, North Carolina. We offer a full range of services to meet all your beauty needs including; Blowouts, Up-dos, Weddings and special events.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of people were enthusiastic sportsmen or enjoyed music and dancing. It’s possible you’ll remember that you were happiest on the performing track. Nevertheless, with increasing obligations you may have found almost no time to indulge in any of the interests. Are you affected by depression and want to get out of its abysmal depths without lifelong antidepresants? You could try and feel free to overcome depression naturally. navigate here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there! Nice post! Please tell us when I will see a follow up! https://theccurlrebonding.hpage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog has chock-a-block of useful information. I liked your blog's content as well as its look. In my opinion, this is a perfect blog in all aspects. https://digitalperm02.shutterfly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. hougang mall hair salon price

    ReplyDelete
  21. Upgrade to premium tyres in Maidstone for superior performance and longevity. Antyres provides a selection of premium brands for excellent grip and handling. Premium tyres Maidstone

    ReplyDelete