Accommodation in Seoul

09:19:00 Unknown 0 Comments

I think the number 1 concern of most travellers are their accommodation. A good room can make or break your trip. Safety, bed, space, bathroom, noise level and of course, convenience to travel around.

These are the hotels and airBNB that I have stayed before:



Airbnb
Lovely Lavinia

I think Airbnb is a good idea for solo travellers, like me, who are afraid of squeezing in a room and sharing bathroom with a stranger, yet want to save a little more bucks on the trip.

I stayed in an Airbnb room on my first visit to Seoul. It's owned by this very lovely lady named Viky, you may find her Airbnb profile by clicking her name. Sadly, I am unable to find the link to the room from Airbnb that I have stayed but I am still able to find the room by searching 'Lovely Lavinia' on Expedia.

I stayed in a single bedroom that comes with a private bathroom, there are other bedrooms available as well. I paid around SGD 354 for 7D6N during early April.
 

It takes around 5 minutes walk from Exit 4 of Anguk station. Turn left into the first small alley you saw, walk straight and the building will be on the right on the second street.

There's a small mini mart own by the local where you can get stuff like mineral water and some snacks. Kettle are not available in the room but I think you are able to get it from the pantry area.

Main door are locked around 11pm (if I never remember wrongly) but the side door is still available for use.

Staff there are really friendly and helpful and are always ready to assist should you have any queries. They are able to converse fluently in simple English. I had a hard time locating the building but luckily, they are really quick in replying e-mails thus saving me from the crisis of walking rounds. Check-in time is at 2pm but I reached the place before 11am. They were really nice to let me check-in early so that I can start my day early.




Bed is comfortable, the pillow isn't too soft and the blanket is pretty warm to snuggle in during the cold Spring. There's a space beside the bed with enough space for me to leave my luggage opened throughout the trip yet not blocking my path. Room is clean and there's a chair on the dressing table with a small mirror for ladies to do their make up and preparation. Toilet is clean too with big bottle of soap and shampoo provided.

There's no place to hang my clothes except the clothes hanger as seen in the photo. Window can't be opened to feel the temperature or see outside as the windows are tinted and locked. The control to the shower head is linked to the basin tap, so be careful not to switch on the wrong tap. 

Overall, room is clean and spacious but not really warm, perhaps cause I have no idea how to use the room heater. Location can be hard to find for first timer and it can get really creepy to walk in the night as the paths are not well lighted.


Price : SGD 354 for 7D6N
Location: Walking distance to Insadong; beside Unhyeongung Palace.
Nearest Subway Station: Anguk Station, Exit 4

Room amenities:
   - Wifi
   - Mini-fridge
   - Toiletries (No toothpaste, toothbrush and big towel)
   - Hair dryer
   - Television
   - No wardrobe but there's a clothes hanger available.
   - 2 adapter, not inclusive of the one used for television

Hotel amenities:
   - Lift
   - Luggage deposite
   - No smoking within the building


Hotel
Stay B Hotel
I stayed in Stay B hotel during my second trip in 2015. As Korea is well known for its cold weather during Winter, my friend and I decided to invest a little on a better accommodation so that we can return to a warm room after battling the cold outside. Furthermore, my friend's company allows her to claim some subsidies for hotel rooms, which means cheaper room rate! Yeah!

Stay B Hotel is located in Chungmuro area. Reachable from a less than 5 minutes walk from Chungmuro Station, Exit 6. It can be easily spotted from Exit 6. As the hotel is within the main road, I can say that it is pretty safe to be travelling home in the middle of the night.

Eateries are easily available around the hotel, as well as 2 convenience stalls within walkable distance. Hotel is within walkable distance to Myeongdong (around 15 minutes), but you may take the subway if you chose not to battle with the cold wind outside.

Staffs are well trained in English and we have no problem communicating with them. They are really helpful in answering our questions and even offered to call a cab for us to Seoul station for our luggage check-in. Room floors can only be accessed after tapping your room card on the card scanner in the lift. Free flow coffee and tea are also served at the lobby.


Photos of the room is not available but it is exactly the same as shown in Expedia website. However, I do have a photo N Seoul Tower, which can be seen from our room. This is my favourite spot every morning while waiting for my friend to wake up. The building in front is T Mark Hotel.

The beds are really comfortable and slightly larger than a typical Single-sized bed in Singapore. Room is really warm and the room temperature can be easily adjusted using the Climate Control. Room is brightly lighted and the blind is adjustable with a remote control. Toilets comes with all the necessary stuffs like shower cap, big towel, hand towel, bath robe. It also comes with an automated toilet bowl, which warm up your butt the moment you sat on it, and a bathtub, which I fell asleep in once while I was soaking in it. Not sure about other hotel, but Stay B Hotel provide this booklet in the room which shows all the tourist attractions nearby and the mode of transport to take. The booklet also shows all the TV channels available and the embassy of each countries and its area code. In the booklet, there's this card which guests can leave it on the bed to inform the room attendant to change the bed sheet. I personally like idea of that as it can help in energy and water conservation.

The room is slightly small for 2 to stay in. There is sufficient space to placed 2 luggages on the floor; one near the entrance and the other in a gap beside the table and wall where I barely squeezed my luggage in. Rooms are cleaned everyday but I noticed a stain on the bathtub, which was left there for a few days before I decided to wipe it off myself. Room attendant also cleared away my stack of plastic bags and paper bags, which I placed it near my luggage, away from the rubbish bin. Room does not have any dressing table, which means I have to make up and prepare for my day on my bed or I will sit in front of the big mirror, which doubled as the sliding door for the wardrobe. I love the toilet but the only downside is that the wire connecting to the shower head need to be stretched, therefore bathing become a battle of strength between me and the wire, which I normally just gave in up putting it on the shower head holder. There's like only 6 hangers available in the wardrobe, which 2 of it are used to hang the bathrobe. So we only used it to hang our coats.

Overall, I will highly recommend it

Price : SGD 986 for 8D7N
Location: About 15 minutes walk to Myeongdong
Nearest Subway Station: Chungmuro Station, Exit 6

Room amenities:
   - Wifi
   - Mini-fridge
   - Bathtub
   - Toiletries
   - Hair dryer
   - Safe deposit box
   - Television
   - 2 adapter, not inclusive of the one used for television
   - 2 free bottled mineral water everyday

Hotel amenities:
   - Lift
   - Luggage deposite
   - No smoking within the building but I'm not sure about the Rooftop terrace

Website: http://stay-b-myeongdong.seoulhotelskorea.com/en/


You Might Also Like

0 comments: