Cafe in Seoul 서울에 있는 카페

18:19:00 Unknown 0 Comments

Other than skin care products, K-pop and cosmetic surgery, Korea, especially Seoul, is also famous for their wide variety of cafe available. From animal cafe, to vintage, to nature concept, to good food, Seoul has it all! Most importantly of them all - INSTAGRAM-WORTHY!!

Let's look at some of the cafes that I have visited:




ONION (어니언)

Main Entrance
The first thing that greets you when you enter the cafe is a wide selection of freshly baked bread. Pandor (₩5,000), their signature bread, is the one seen in the picture with icing sugar. If i'm not wrong, I think they have seasonal bread. I went twice, once in winter and another in end Spring. Didn't see the strawberry breads when I went in winter though.

Wide bread selection
Had a cup of Milk Tea and a Banana Walnut bread

Onion is also famous for its unique interior designs. Well, picture speaks a thousand words.

As I was walking around, I saw many people were taking photos and selfie all around the place. There's even a second floor for more Instagram-worthy shots. 

Winter
Spring



Oh! Don't worry about the toilet, the toilet there is clean and it's automated. :)

Operational hours:
Mon - Fri : 08:00 - 22:00
Sat - Sun : 10:00 - 22:00

Location: 서울 성동구 아차산로9길 8. Achasan-ro 9-gil, Sungdong-gu, Seoul
Direction: Seongsu Station, Exit 2. Turn right on the first turn and walk straight.


View their Instagram for more images.

I saw quite a few shoe shops when I was there, perhaps shoe-frantic may wanna drop-by and grab some shoes and bread too?


REGULAR SERVICE COFFEE SHOP (레귤러서비스)


I had a hard time finding this cafe cause
1. not much information is available about the location
2. There's many
3. the signage is really small

There's no food available in this cafe, so grab a bite before you head here. 

Menu

Milk Tea (₩4,500)
The Milk Tea is to-die-for *insert dragging face emo*. As you can see, the Milk Tea isn't available on the menu. But you can order from the cashier nonetheless. Then again, it's while stock last!


Operational hours:
Tue - Sat : 12:00 - 20:00
Sun : 12:00 - 18:00
Close on Monday.

Location: 서울특별시 마포구 망원동 424-18. 424-18 Mangwon-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
Direction: Mangwon Station (Line 6), Exit 2.


Look out for this market when you're looking for the cafe; the cafe is just opposite the market.

View their Instagram for more images.

Cafe Banana Tree (바나나 트리)
I have always wanted to visit this cafe after I've seen the picture from one of my Korean Language teacher. Heard from my friends that the dessert is so-so. But it's just go-so-pretty that I've gotta go at least once!
The cafe is a little run-down and a little scary. I was there on a windy afternoon and I swear overtime the wind blows I got scared! I was seated at the extension of the cafe and every time the wind blows, I can hear loud rattle sound, which sounded almost like the roof is gonna be blown away or crumble down anytime soon. 
The menu is in a very bad condition as well. Luckily, there's one displayed at the top, which is written in English.
There's a total of 6 flavours to choose from for the flower pot dessert, a.k.a. Flower Paap.
  • - Banana
  • - Espresso
  • - Green Tea
  • - Choco Banana
  • - Blueberry
  • - Strawberry

Everything can be eaten (including the stone!!) except for the flower, spoon, and pot. Taste wise it's normal, but it's just SO PRETTY that I cannot resist it. I spent more time taking photo of the flower pot than actually eating it. I love how there are so detail in the sense that even the spoon comes in the shape of a shovel.
Anyway, it's pudding cake with whatever flavours that you've chosen. The "dirt" are area cookies and "stone" are just milk chocolate. 
I ordered Citron Honey Tea too but it's a no-go for me. Didn't really like it.
Banana Tree is also famous for it's Somsom Latte. Being allergy to coffee myself, that option is a no-no for me. :( 
Direction: Sinsa Station, Line 3, Exit 7. Walk straight and turn left at the zebra crossing. Keep walking straight until you see the second CU convenience store. Turn right and you'll find Banana Tree cafe (as seen in picture below). It'll take around 10 - 15mins walk.
They've recently opened another outlet near Ttukseom Station, which is at Line 2.

Direction
  1. 1) Ttukseom Station, Line 2, Exit 8. Approximately 8 - 10 minutes of walking. 
  2. 2) Seoul Forest Station, Bundang Line, Exit 4, Approximately 10 minutes of walking. 

This newly opened outlet is slightly more spacious and brighter (I'm guessing it from the blogs I saw). Couldn't find any blog in English. But there's some which I found in Korean. Take a look!

Operational hours: 1030 - 2030H

Alright, that's all for now.
Stay tune for more updates!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: